Thursday, August 28, 2008

Is this the change people wanted?

An interested side note to the Democratic Party convention was the arrest of an an ABC news producer who was on the sidewalk by the hotel where Dem senators and donors were going in and out of. Link to story on cbs newsIs this the message the Dems really want to show? 'Vote for us, but don't you dare try to see what we're doing or who we're meeting with? If these charges stand, this sets a VERY DANGEROUS precedent for free press, no matter who they are. If we are not allowed to stand up and say what we believe in, no matter if it is popular, correct or whatever, we may as well take a sharpie and blacken out the first amendment on the Constitution of this country. Wake up, people. Start bitching about things like this when you see them occurring and make sure your "Elected" leaders know you are paying attention to this sort of thing. Many would think 'Well, it wasn't me, so why bother?' At some point, it just might be you and then because you didn't speak up when you could, you could've thrown away the opportunity to speak your mind. This is not something to be taken lightly and these people should be called on it. I don't care if you are a democrat, republican, or even a larouchey, you have a right to be heard. Do NOT throw this away due to apathy, PLEASE. Do not let our society get to the point where we wind up seeing history repeat itself.


Past that little political rant, I had a fun race in the rain in Pittsburgh last night. A break got away and spent most of the race about a half lap up. Since no one was chasing seriously and I was not really there to win anything, I decided to make it a hard night of training. I did 3 massive pulls at the front. The first one closed it a bit, but no one followed thru. The second did the same. So I tried a third time and after getting a bit of a lead-up to my effort from another rider, I chopped the gap in half after a quarter mile pull that topped out about 35mph. I did succeed in stretching out the pack to the point where it was falling apart. Unfortunately, I got behind someone who was having some trouble following the counters after I'd pulled off. Dammit, I was off and gone. So my season ended pretty much how it started there. Doing massive pulls and blowing apart completely. It was good training for the weekend though where I hope to have a couple good races in Ohio.

No comments: