Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's sunny in California

howdy from California. It was a pretty good day. It looks like we'll be busy this year. Lots of cool things to do. I have to admit, I'm a bit stunned as to how things went on Tuesday. It almost seems too good. One of my partners and I in this little venture, we driving back towards the airport after the meeting and we were both thinking, did it go that well? We were both in a bit of a state of shock. The offices where we met were a beehive of activity and the people we met definitely showed an amazing amount of zeal towards what they were doing. It is going to be great to work in this sort of environment. It will definitely be a challenge, but we're going to do are absolute best to see a return is made on the trust we are being given.

I'm now back in Pittsburgh after more than 13 hours in airports and planes. I had a bit more than an hour drive back home from there. In a few short days, it looks as my job will change quite a bit. I will still do the techno geek thing, but also be able to apply my talents in other areas that will be alot more fun. Somehow, things like 'Dual core processor and a Gig of RAM' just don't carry the same amount of excitement anymore. I was looking at doing a bit of change in my professional life and boy am I going to be getting it. It's like getting my first job all over again. The only thing that is less than appealing is that I went from eating breakfast in 70+ degree and sunny weather by the pool, to scraping 5 inches of snow and ice off the car at the airport. I do have to admit, my planning for the trip, however rushed, worked pretty much to perfection with zero hiccups. Things just don't normally go that well and I'm almost scared to see what happens when the other shoe drops. Probably just a pessimistic response that I'm sometimes prone to after the type of week I've just had. Well, I've got to go dust off the drawing table now and be thinking about the layers of clothing I'm going to have to be wearing when I hit out on the bike today.

No comments: