Friday, February 15, 2008

First race of the year!

Well, tomorrow will be my first race of the year. Usually I use the first races of the year to get my butt kicked so I know what I have to be looking to do in my training. Last year, my first race did not follow that game plan. I wound up dragging one rider from the Olympus Homes team for almost 25 miles. If it had just been him, I knew I was able to drop him as even moderate efforts out of the few turns on the course had him working hard to bring me back. In the end, one of his teammates caught up after mixing with some riders from another category, a definite classless move, and they proceeded to work me over in the finale. If I had followed the same game plan, there was a Cat2 rider I could've ridden away with that was sitting behind us after I'd caught him and there would've been no contest. Still a 3rd place to start the year off wasn't bad. Plus, I confirmed that the new heat rub I am using now in the nasty cold weather was working quite well as I only needed knee warmers while everyone else was bundled up like they were heading off on some epic ride in a blizzard.

No comments: