Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wednesday Night Championships

I was at the Wed night championships in Pittsburgh yesterday. I took a slow approach to the race and looked for the high percentage moves and found that I could jump across gaps again. In the space of a lap(1/2 mile), I crossed a couple hundred yard gap on several occasions and was even able to then go up to the front and keep on the gas. The moves eventually came to naught as there are about 6 teams with enough riders to bring breaks back so it does get quite annoying. In the end, I almost got the front wheel swept by someone who thought they could make a sharp move through the pack and get into the front with the other sprinters. I was already coming through the hole and had to spike the brakes which effectively finished my race. Afterwards, I was feeling like I hadn't done much. Maybe this past weekend has done more for me than I thought.

No comments: