Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mistakes


Last weekend was a good one for me on mistakes. First, I used a new bike with only 15 miles on it for a race. Even though it felt ok, the feet positioning weren't quite right on it and it just didn't go as well as it could have. I've been racing for over 24 years now and I should know that you don't just put a bike together, ride it around for a couple miles and then go race on it if it isn't the exact same thing as the old bike. The bike does look cool and isn't that what it's all about anyway? After that poor excuse for a time trial, I spent the next couple afternoons riding the Philly course sans sleeves. Common sense says use sunscreen and pull the damn sleeves down on the shirt. Well, the sunscreen was gone after an hour of sweating and I'd forgotten to use it on Sunday. I'm currently sitting with shoulders that are seriously burnt and sore. After the skin peeling is done, the shoulders are probably going to look a bit spotty instead of a bit more tan like I was hoping. I guess I'm that example for all to look at and say 'nope, that's not going to happen to me.'

No comments: