Friday, May 9, 2008

Smooth rolling wheels!

I just did some maintenance on my stupid light wheels for the High Rollers race in West By God Virginia tomorrow. I use a special lube on the bearings and it takes a couple rides to work in to the races and bearings, but DAMN, what a difference it makes. By giving my front wheel a spin to 28kph (roughly 17.5mph), that sucker spun for well over 2 minutes(just off 2.5 minutes) before finally stopping. The rear spun for about 1.5 minutes and this is with a very light weight rim and tire so the rotation factor isn't quite as great as it is on the Zipp 404 clinchers I have. Who the hell need ceramics when your wheels can do that. Plus, the lube I use costs only a couple bucks a tube and just requires patience before it's battle ready. I just hope my body is working as well as these wheels are tomorrow. I'd like to win the race and get a good start to defending the 40+ series title for the team. It also looks like we've got a couple ringers in the other classes as well. All we need is a few women on the team and we could make a go at a full sweep. GO WVU HealthCare!

No comments: