Friday, July 4, 2008

First win of the year - Finally!

I finally got my first win of the year. It was getting a bit annoying and a bit depressing after a few close calls and some definite down times. It was the 3rd race in the WV road series. To this point, I'd gotten a 2nd and a 10th which set me well back on point. I gained a few back and felt pretty strong in the run in. I'll be looking to make it 2 tomorrow at St Albans, WV and I'll be doubling up by doing the 123s as well. Last year, I rode it with a broken hand and after the halfway point, I had to bail because I just couldn't hold onto the handlebars anymore. I'm feeling like I can hang in and make it to the sprint, I can do well. If it's a small group, I feel like I'd be able to win it. I'm just going to get past the 40+ race though as it is the more important for me for the series and then look for the extra scalp later.

No comments: