Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New Year, New things going on.

Well, it's a new year and I've actually been riding a bit. Not as much as I'd like. I also haven't been able to sit on the trainer for more than 30 minutes at a time, though I did go to a couple spinning rides at the local gym. It's been a bit tougher getting motivated this year. After a very lackluster cros season where the only high points were getting a new bike(new toys are always fun) and a good move at Natz which was short lived after bouncing myself off the icy course a couple times. The Sunday mountain bike rides have been fun, though I've started the year off with an injury. On my third ride there, I went down hard on my side at it's been a week and a half and the side still hurts. I've either cracked or bruised a rib, so that's going to slow things down a bit. It does give me time to concentrate on work though. I'm normally a computer jockey doing everything from showing people the very basics of how to copy a file from a floppy disk to linking buildings up via a wireless network to doing custom programming. It can be a pretty boring existance though not doing the same thing day in day out isn't too bad. One proposal for work I just sent out could change that some and put me into the area where I'll be getting paid to play. You might even get to read about it in the news. Here's hoping...

No comments: